first annual windsor-essex playwriting contest
SUBMISSIONS ARE IN! THANKS TO ALL WHO SUBMITTED!
CONTEST WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN AUGUST
All entries must be submitted in PDF format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Productions is delighted to announce the First Annual Windsor-Essex Playwriting Contest! This is an opportunity for playwrights from Windsor and Essex County - whether established or emerging - to see their work produced onstage at The Shadowbox Theatre as part of Post Productions' 2019 season.
Not only will the winning play be produced, but its author will also receive 10% of gross ticket revenue and be invited to join the casting and rehearsal process.
This contest in intended to provide an opportunity for Windsor-Essex writers to showcase their talents and professionalism through the Post Productions brand of theatre. Thus:
1. Playwright must be at least 18 years old and be either a Windsor-Essex native or currently reside in Windsor-Essex;
2. Entries must be properly formatted PDF manuscripts in a readable 12-point font (courier, Times New Roman, Calibri, etc.), carefully proofread and copy-edited before submission;
3. Entries should be 75-120 minutes long when produced;
4. Cast of characters should be small (2-6) and number of settings kept to a minimum (1-4)
Post Productions is committed to using this contest as a developmental experience that benefits all involved parties. Although there can only be one winner, our goal is to help all submitting playwrights prepare for eventual success. To these ends:
1. Entries must be received by 1 June 2018 at email@example.com;
2. Once received, entries will be read, discussed, and scored by our panel of judges, who will prepare feedback for each submitting playwright and decide which entries will proceed to round two;
3. Feedback will be sent to all submitting playwrights by 1 July 2018, who will at that point discover whether they will proceed to round two;
4. In round two, submitting playwrights will have the opportunity to refine their entries using the judges' feedback, and resubmit their revised entries no later than 1 August 2018;
5. Winners will be chosen and announced in August 2018.
Michael K. Potter
Matthew St. Amand
For any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the contest, please contact the Post Productions team via any of the following methods: